Bruschetta is a symbol of Italian food worldwide, just as spaghetti or lasagna. This is the original recipe for it but you can experiment with almost every ingredient… imagination is your only limit!
Ingredients (for 2)
- 2 slices traditional brick oven bread
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt & pepper
- Coarsely chop the tomatoes and put them in a medium bowl, with all the pulp and seeds
- Chop by hand the fresh basil and add it to the bowl, sprinkle with olive oil, season with salt and black pepper
- Stir to combine and let it rest a few minutes, stirring now and then
- Heat a grill pan to medium-high
- In the meantime, cut your bread in slices and brush it with some olive oil
- Transfer to the grill, and toast the bread until golden all over, 2 or 3 minutes per side
- Arrange on a platter and rub with half garlic clove on one side
- Cover the side of the bruschetta where you brushed the garlic with a generous layer of tomatoes from the bowl and serve immediately!
Best Served With
A glass of Prosecco sparkling wine
Tips from the Chef
- Use only fresh basil, premium quality extravirgin olive oil and fresh and succulent sweet red tomatoes
- You can grill the bread in the oven and double the cooking times
- Want to try something new and unique? Try to add some chopped strawberries to the bowl!