Boost the flavor of your grilled meat with this easy Japanese classic sauce!
Ingredients (for 2)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- Put the soy sauce and the mirin in a small saucepan and heat gently
- Add sugar in small quantities and stir continuously
- Let simmer for 5-6 minutes, until the sauce gets a little thick and all sugar has dissolved
- Set aside to cool and it’s ready to serve!
Best Served With
Perfect match for any grilled meat, especially for chicken, great with vegetables as well…
Tips from the Chef
- Increase or decrease cooking time according to the desired thickness
- Allow to cool, the more the better
- You can use sake instead of mirin, or even better, half part of sake and half of mirin!