Try this little Cypriot wonder, ideal for barbecues and large gatherings. For exceptional flavor you should marinate the meat overnight….
Ingredients (for 2)
- 2 cups lamb leg / shoulder
- 1/2 tbsp mint
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 onion
- 1 /2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt & black pepper
- Cut the lamb into cubes and set it aside
- Finely chop the onions, mint, oregano and parsley and combine in a large bowl with olive oil, lemon juice and crushed garlic cloves
- Add the meat, mix well, cover with plastic wrap and let it marinate in the fridge for about 2 hours
- Soak the skewers in water in the meantime (this will prevent them from burning over the grill)
- Thread the lamb cubes onto the skewers and season with a pinch of salt & pepper
- Grill over a barbeque to get that smoky flavor or use a grill pan alternatively
- If you like, serve them with tzatziki – check out our own homemade recipe!
Best Served With
Warm pita bread and green salad.