Super easy preparation… the bacon (smoked ham would be perfect as well) adds a delicious twist to your green beans. Great for the kids!
Ingredients (for 2)
- 2 cups green beans
- 4 bacon slices
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- rock salt
- black pepper
- Boil the green beans in salted water until crisp (about 8-10 minutes)
- Peel and dice the onion and chop the bacon
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan and stir fry the onion until golden
- Add the bacon and stir fry over medium heat for 2-3 minutes more
- Drain the green beans, add them to the bacon and sauté for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently
- Finish with a pinch of black pepper and you are ready to serve!