Not your average gnocchi recipe… melted cheese and ground walnuts, awesome!
Ingredients (for 2)
- 1½ cups gnocchi
- 1/4 cup gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & black pepper
- Bring salted water to boil in a deep saucepan and cook the gnocchi according to the package directions (as with every pasta recipe, water should be abundant)
- In the meantime, take a saucepan and melt the cheese with half of the milk at medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon
- As cheese starts to melt and sauce to get thick, stir in coarsely chopped walnuts and combine, adding the remaining milk until you get a smooth and glossy cream
- Drain the gnocchi, leaving some of the cooking water and add them to the saucepan with the cheese sauce
- Stir to combine, season with black pepper and serve!