Ever wanted to try the original Southern Italy Caffè Espresso? If you have a Moka coffee machine available, this is how you do it!
Ingredients (for 2)
- 1 1/2 tbsp coffee powder
- 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- Pour the water into the Moka machine; water level should reach the center of the valve inside the machine
- Add the coffee powder in the upper funnel and press it until full
- Heat the Moka machine on low heat until water starts to boil
- In the meantime, take a small cup and add white sugar
- When the first drops of coffee rise into the Moka, pour them into the small cup with the sugar and return the Moka to the heat, allowing all coffee to come out
- In the meantime, whisk vigorously the sugar with the coffee you added until you have a dense and foamy mixture
- Pour the coffee into the cup and enjoy your original Italian espresso with foam!