Ever wondered how to properly cook beets? Super easy! Beets and fennels come together beautifully in this healthy and warm winter soup.
Ingredients (for 2)
- 2 cups chopped beets
- 1 fennel
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Dice the onions and coarsely chop the celery, carrots and garlic
- Take a large saucepan and sauté the onions until translucent
- Add the carrots, celery, and garlic, and sauté for another 3-4 minutes
- Wash and remove the stems from the fennels, chop coarsely
- Add the beets, fennel, stock and orange juice and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 30 minutes
- When the vegetables are done, pour into an electric blender and purée, adding more stock if necessary to obtain the desired consistency
- Season with salt and black pepper and serve hot!
Best Served With
Croutons of course!
Tips from the Chef
For a stronger flavor you can substitute vegetable stock with chicken stock